Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/lisabena/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/contact-form/grunion-contact-form.php on line 1327
Being a mom is totes crazy sometimes, right? We are seriously non-stop. Whether it’s cleaning, cooking, helping with homework, playing, driving, nursing, working, building a business, worrying, deciding, thinking, making lists, and so on…the list can literally go on and on.
I don’t think most moms know how to stop. I’ve learned to slow down, take breaks, rest, and make sure I take care of myself. But sometimes if I’m sitting down doing nothing, I think I’m forgetting to do something or I’m going to get behind.
The reality is we have to stop sometimes. We have to lose that guilty feeling we get when we watch a movie, or have some quiet time, or go on a date with our hubby!
Taking care of ourselves is BEYOND IMPORTANT if you want to be a truly happy mom!
And I promise it’s a lot easier than you think! When I work with my clients, the first thing we talk about is our MAMA MINDSET! It’s incredible how powerful we are when we start thinking and talking more positive. Like, AMAZING!!
I wanted to share a list of 13 things you can do to be a happier mom. Some things need to be planned, but most of them can be done today! Starting right now you can take action and start your journey to being a happier mom! Read the list, choose a few you can start today, and DECIDE you want this. For your kids, your family, FOR YOU!
- De-clutter – Your car, your purse, your home. Create space to breathe in your life!
- Spend less money – You don’t really need everything! Simplicity is a secret to happiness, I promise!
- Go on more date nights – Yes!! Your hubby is important, your marriage is important. Don’t lose your spark!!
- Host girls night in – We all need our girl time…grab some wine and a rom-com and have some fun!
- Spend more time with kids – And I mean QUALITY TIME! Read with them, talk about their dreams, have real conversations and let them express their individuality. Our kids are so cool…get to know them!
- Read – Feed your mind! Read the newspaper, a mystery, the Bible, anything that makes you happy!
- Clear your calendar – Stop saying yes to everything! Seriously, just stop!
- Get more rest – If you aren’t 100%, you can’t give 100%. Get rest, take care of yourself!
- Be flexible – Plans and schedules are great!! But we are moms and things happen. Learn to let go of perfection!
- Don’t judge moms – This includes you! We need to stop the mom shame and love more! We are all trying our best, right?
- Encourage other moms – Goes hand in hand with “don’t judge”. Take every opportunity to lift other moms up. Even if it’s just a heartfelt smile!
- Let the dishes sit til morning – I do this ALL THE TIME! I would rather hang out with my family or take a hot shower than do my dishes after dinner. It’s really ok!
- Get outside – Get some fresh air, sunshine, smell the flowers, listen to the birds…nature is beautiful!
There are so many other things you can do, this is just a quick and easy way to get you started. Tell me in the comments which ones you are going to try!